At Carolina Palm Vacations, we invite you to come Enjoy Paradise and look forward to serving all of your vacation needs. Below is a list of common guest questions. Please feel free to contact us directly via email with additional inquiries.
BEFORE YOUR TRIP
All reservations must be paid in full prior to arrival. For guests booking more than 30 days in advance, half of the payment is due at booking, and the other half is due 30 days before check-in. The credit card on file will automatically be charged. For guests booked less than 30 days in advance, full payment is due at booking.
The accommodation rate, departure cleaning upon check-out, sheets and towels for all beds and baths, and all taxes and fees are included. Please note that daily maid service and beach towels are not provided.
Vacation rentals differ from hotels, so we have included below a list of important items to bring or get at the store upon arrival:
- Toilet Paper
Kitchen Items (Ziploc bags, aluminum foil, plastic wrap, etc.)
Pantry Items (Salt, spices, coffee, sugar, etc.)
Laundry Detergent and Dryer Sheets
Toiletries, Shampoo, etc.
Beach Chairs, Toys, and Umbrellas
Cancellation policies vary. The specific cancellation policy for your stay can be found on the property web page where you make your reservation.
It is highly recommended that guests purchase travel insurance for their stay. A wide variety of coverage options are available to suit every traveler’s need. These include customizable plans with coverage for trip delay and cancellation, illness, and some include a cancel-for-any-reason rider. Carolina Palm does not provide travel insurance.
Date changes are not permitted; however, guests can add additional nights to their stay. This can be completed via the site where the booking was made or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Changes must be made no later than two days before arrival. Check the calendar for availability before submitting a request.
Yes, and the majority of our properties offer significant discounts of 25% up to 50% for stays longer than 28 nights. The most popular times for monthly stays are October through March. Monthly discounts are not offered during peak months.
Check-in is 4:00 p.m. and check-out is 10:00 a.m. at all properties, no exceptions.
These are not available. If the guest needs additional time, we recommend adding an extra night to their stay. Violations will result in additional charges to the guest. Dropping off luggage early or leaving luggage at the home after check-out time is not permitted. Please plan accordingly.
All details for the guest’s stay are emailed 3 days before arrival, as well as available in the guest’s online account 3 days before arrival if booked through a platform such as VRBO, Airbnb, or Booking.com.
The check-in information includes all details for the guest’s stay along with property specific information. We highly recommend the guest save, print, and bring this information with them. Items include:
▪ Property address
▪ Keyless entry information and access details
▪ Wi-Fi information
▪ List of items to bring or get at the store
▪ Contacts for their stay
▪ Property-specific details and guidelines
▪ Check-out procedures
- Almost all properties feature convenient keyless entry on the front door of the home, so guests can go directly to the property any time after 4:00 p.m. to start their vacation.
- A few properties require pick-up of key cards from our office drop box, which is conveniently located in North Myrtle Beach and close to the properties that require them. These can be picked up any time after 3:00 p.m. on the day of arrival, with 24-hour access for those guests arriving late.
Some properties require passes, while others do not. Details for each stay will be in the arrival email. For most properties, any passes that are required will be inside the home upon arrival. At some properties, parking passes will be picked up from the front desk.
- Please be aware that beach houses do not allow parking on the grass or street. Most condominium complexes allow 1 car for 1-2 bedroom units, and 2 cars for 3-4 bedroom units. Please plan accordingly.
- Additional vehicles can be parked at the guest’s discretion at Walmart and grocery stores. Carolina Palm is not responsible for guest violations or towing. Any resulting fines will be at the guest’s expense.
- Motorcycles, golf carts, and trailers are allowed at most beach homes. They are not allowed at most vacation properties for renters. Renter responsible for verification.
- Guests must adhere to posted signs and placards at the property.
Yes, free parking is provided at all properties. Guests should be sure to follow maximum vehicle allowances (see above regarding parking passes) to ensure a smooth stay.
- All sheets and bath towels will be in the home, with beds already made for added comfort. Guests will need to supply their own beach towels as our linens cannot be removed from the home at any time.
- Treat the linens with care, as additional charges may apply for lost or damaged linens. Do not hang linens on outside railings due to HOA policies, and never leave linens outside the home.
DURING YOUR STAY
Daily maid service is not provided. Maid service upon check-out is included with all stays.
Beach chair sand umbrellas are not provided. Guests can purchase these from beachwear stores, Walmart, and most grocery stores. Additionally, beach chairs and umbrellas can be rented daily or weekly from the lifeguards on the beach. These are larger and sturdier, and the lifeguards will set them up and take them down daily for the guest.
Carolina Palm does not offer items for rent such as cribs, wheelchairs, strollers, or bicycles. Please contact a vacation supply company for this service, such as vacationgear.com. For golf cart rentals, please confirm with the company that they are allowed at the condo complex. All beach houses allow golf carts.
Included in the guest arrival email will be a list of important contacts for their stay.
- Smoking is not allowed inside any home. Some condo buildings do not allow smoking or vaping on balconies or in the common areas such as hallways or poolside. Specific property rules will be included in the guest’s arrival details. Please adhere to all posted signs and placards, as fines incurred as a result will result in additional charges to the guest.
- Guests must always clean up cigarette butts in the yard or on the balcony. These are privately owned homes, and guests should treat them as their own. No throwing cigarette butts off the balcony at any time.
Rideshare apps such as Uber and Lyft are fast and affordable throughout town. There is also an entertainment bus for both North Myrtle Beach and Myrtle Beach that goes to popular areas and attractions in town. Please visit https://coastrta.com/entertainment-shuttle for details.
- All check-out procedures are in the guest arrival email. Standard procedures include:
- Bagging and removing all food and garbage and disposing of it in the designated area outside the home.
- Locking all windows and doors.
- Washing all dishes and putting away.
- Turning off all lights and TVs and leaving the remotes where found upon arrival. Log out of any apps such as Netflix.
- Set the thermostat to 75 in summer and 65 in winter.
- Leave ALL pool passes, parking passes, and key cards on the kitchen counter.
IMPORTANT: Leave ALL passes, pool bands, and/or key cards on the kitchen counter. Do not leave them anywhere else or take them home. Fine applies $50-$250 for EACH missing item, as this will impact the stay for the next guest.
There are no additional charges for early departure, and refunds are also not given for early departure or shortened stay. The only exception is in the event of a mandatory city-wide evacuation.
Yes, all reservations are confirmed immediately once booked. If a guest sends an inquiry or question, the stay will not be reserved until the guest formally books.
Yes, Carolina Palm is fully licensed and accredited and boasts an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. Rest assured your vacation is in good hands.
- Please refer to the property page on the booking web site. It will be noted if pets are allowed. Pets are not allowed at any condo or resort, with the exception of Beach Haven condo, due to HOA policy. Some beach houses are pet friendly. Please refer to the property web site. Violations may result in fine from HOA and/or immediate eviction without refund.
- At pet-friendly properties, only dogs are allowed. Maximum 2 dogs no more than 25 pounds each. Pet fee applies and will be included with the booking price. Guests must clean up after their pet in the yard at all times.
Yes, the minimum renter age is 25. This means a guest 25 or older must be staying on property for the duration of the stay. The only exceptions are Sun’s Out Beach House and Mai Tai’d beach house, which have a minimum renter age of 21.